Skip to main content

Little Miracles.

You knew, Lord,
that a little extra time to sleep in
is just what my body and mind needed today?
There are plenty of mornings when I have to hold on and carry on even though I'm a zombie,
But not today.
Thank you for helping my weary body and my restless toddler find synchrony in staying a sleep,
just a little longer,
this morning.

You knew, Lord,
that I was scared of being the new kid again.
I should be used to it by now, the many times I've been new at a neighborhood or job...
but this time the butterflies still came.
And there she was, my old friend from Gig Harbor, with her son and baby sitting behind us at church
and I know I disrupted the meeting when I ran to hug her
but I think you understand,
and my heart was filled with assurance
that this is the right place for my family
and I'll belong here, too.

You knew, Lord,
at my panic before the doctor's office
and you know perfectly the awful pain I felt there before
And while it hurt some, this time you made me stronger
and I left with joy and gratitude for the baby's health, and my health,
and your/my strength to overcome the struggles of before,
and I praise your name
for it.


Day #305



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problem with Chick Flicks.

I really, really, really enjoy a select few movies that I willingly watch over and over again. Pride and Prejudice is one of them. You see, Elizabeth's defense of her family, her sense of self respect, her ability to admit that she was wrong and to appreciate Darcy despite all his quirks, and quizzical brow-ness... it's marvelous. My husband doesn't share the sentiment, could you tell? ... and that's okay. There's rare a chick flick I enjoy near as much as I enjoy Pride and Prejudice or A Walk To Remember , and I wanted to explain why. You see, there's more than just a few problems with (many, not all) chick flicks:  (and if you have a chick flick that escapes many of these pitfalls then please oh please leave it's title in the comment section!) The heroine (or suitor) is less than honorable. I have a hard time rooting for a girl to get a gentleman when she's spending her time being scandalously loose with other men ( #thenotebook) . An

Gratefuls From 2016, in No Particular Order

Dearest Friends, Family, and Strangers of Happenstance in the blogger world-- I had a moment of reflection the other day when my grandma told me, "Mikayla, I just can't figure it out... when I click on the link to your blog, it always looks the same. I can't see any new stories. You'll have to teach me what I'm doing wrong." I sheepishly responded that she isn't doing anything wrong. I just haven't been blogging. I'm well aware that regular blogs post on a weekly, bi-weekly, and sometimes daily basis.  I've been kinda the type to post twice in the five months of this blog's existence. And I think I've just been afraid to post anything that wasn't polished and perfect. I'mma change dat. Today I want to do summat I've been up an' trying to do since the beginning of January: Recount my 2016 blessings. Here's a few, in no particular order. Read as many or as few as you'd like. -May 23rd, 2016

the grouch

he came home to the grouch. normally silly and sass, she was snippy and sour in lieu of laughter, sarcasm instead of sweetness... a lemon-tart  BONAFIDE GRUMP . He kissed her anyways. He held her anyways. He did the dishes anyways, and cheered up the screamy baby and cheered up the house. He melted the iceblock that had molded over her heart over the frustrations of the day because she allowed the demons of disaster to chill her joy. He melted her, all over again, he melted that grouch. That...that is true love. And that's just one reason I love 'im.