Skip to main content

I was in the middle of _____

I've been gone a while,
I was in the middle of packing.
I was in the middle of moving.
I was in the middle of throwing up and feeling exhaustion even after good nights' rests and naps.
I was in the middle of unpacking.
I was in the middle of meeting new people and missing the old ones with ardor.
I was in the middle of weeping.
I was in the middle of hoping.
I was in the middle of caring for five children as a substitute mom to four and a for-reals mom to one,
I was in the middle of walking the paths of my childhood while making memories in the present.
I was in the middle of art projects, play dough, homemade pizza and movies at the sticky shoe.
I was in the middle of l i f e
and in the middle of it all
I left my writing on the shelf
in order to just live.

But I'm back now.

I started this blog thinking there would never be a day I didn't want to write,
because I love love love to put words on pages.
I just didn't anticipate that there are times when the words have to sit a while because so much is happening at once, they haven't had time to set
bake
settle
become.

I didn't want to break the streak, because I thought, "what will people think?"
But I realized this blog, this goal, it's for me.
And I can change it to fit my needs.
So instead of a blog a day, I just want to say, 365 posts in a year.
And to me that counts to be just about the same in the scheme of things.
So forgive me for my fickle absence
and know that the words didn't disappear,
they just weren't ready yet.
And sometimes it's important to get the good word of God fed to you,
and get a good meal and a good night's rest
before taking the time to write.


Day #303

Comments

  1. I just love you. And this post. And... for what it's worth... agreed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! And your comments are always of worth to me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Problem with Chick Flicks.

I really, really, really enjoy a select few movies that I willingly watch over and over again. Pride and Prejudice is one of them. You see, Elizabeth's defense of her family, her sense of self respect, her ability to admit that she was wrong and to appreciate Darcy despite all his quirks, and quizzical brow-ness... it's marvelous. My husband doesn't share the sentiment, could you tell? ... and that's okay. There's rare a chick flick I enjoy near as much as I enjoy Pride and Prejudice or A Walk To Remember , and I wanted to explain why. You see, there's more than just a few problems with (many, not all) chick flicks:  (and if you have a chick flick that escapes many of these pitfalls then please oh please leave it's title in the comment section!) The heroine (or suitor) is less than honorable. I have a hard time rooting for a girl to get a gentleman when she's spending her time being scandalously loose with other men ( #thenotebook) . An

Gratefuls From 2016, in No Particular Order

Dearest Friends, Family, and Strangers of Happenstance in the blogger world-- I had a moment of reflection the other day when my grandma told me, "Mikayla, I just can't figure it out... when I click on the link to your blog, it always looks the same. I can't see any new stories. You'll have to teach me what I'm doing wrong." I sheepishly responded that she isn't doing anything wrong. I just haven't been blogging. I'm well aware that regular blogs post on a weekly, bi-weekly, and sometimes daily basis.  I've been kinda the type to post twice in the five months of this blog's existence. And I think I've just been afraid to post anything that wasn't polished and perfect. I'mma change dat. Today I want to do summat I've been up an' trying to do since the beginning of January: Recount my 2016 blessings. Here's a few, in no particular order. Read as many or as few as you'd like. -May 23rd, 2016

the grouch

he came home to the grouch. normally silly and sass, she was snippy and sour in lieu of laughter, sarcasm instead of sweetness... a lemon-tart  BONAFIDE GRUMP . He kissed her anyways. He held her anyways. He did the dishes anyways, and cheered up the screamy baby and cheered up the house. He melted the iceblock that had molded over her heart over the frustrations of the day because she allowed the demons of disaster to chill her joy. He melted her, all over again, he melted that grouch. That...that is true love. And that's just one reason I love 'im.